Flashbots is a research and development organization working on mitigating the negative externalities of current MEV extraction techniques and avoiding the existential risks MEV could cause to state-rich blockchains like Ethereum. Our primary focus is to enable a permissionless, transparent, and fair ecosystem for MEV extraction. It falls under three goals: Democratizing Access to MEV Revenue, Bringing Transparency to MEV Activity, and Redistributing MEV Revenue.
Our efforts are focused on three verticals:
- Flashbots Auction: a private communication channel between miners and searchers for transparent and efficient MEV extraction.
- Flashbots Data: a suite of tools for increasing MEV transparency and reducing information asymmetry.
- Flashbots Research: an open, transparent, and collaborative research effort to tackle short and long term research questions relevant to MEV.
The Flashbots organization is funded by long term capital partners with a track record of alignment with the ecosystem. Our current capital partner is Paradigm.
You can interact with Flashbots on Discord and Github. We have dedicated channels on Discord for each of our efforts and welcome your contributions. Our work is open source and you can follow our progress in each Github repository of the Flashbots organization. In addition, we hold several recurring community calls: a monthly MEV Roast, a bi-weekly research workshop and a monthly transparency call to update the community on our progress.
Learn more about our values and our mission: Flashbots - Frontrunning the MEV Crisis
Join us on Discord: #Flashbots
Find out more about our organization and our past community calls here
Subscribe to our public calendar here
- Ethereum is a Dark Forest by Dan Robinson & Georgios Konstantopoulos
- How to get Front-Run on Ethereum mainnet by Scott Bigelow
- Escaping the Dark Forest by samczsun
- Frontrunning in DEXs, Miner Extractable Value, and Consensus Instability by Phil Daian at IEEE Symposium on Security and Privacy
- Flashbots: Frontrunning the MEV Crisis by Flashbots
- ETHOnline - Phil & Georgios Talk Miner Extractable Value
- Quantifying MEV: Introducing MEV-Explore v0 by Flashbots
You can check out a full list of MEV resources in our Research Vault
We are not your typical project, we are fully remote and our principles are based on that of a pirate hacker collective. If you are a self-directed individual who puts collective success above your own and are motivated by solving hard problems with asymmetric impact, you will fit right in.
- open job positions - full-time roles we're actively recruiting for.
- flashbots research fellowship - we issue research grants to flashbots research proposals submitters. Find out more in our research repo.
- flashbots part-time contractor - become a part-time contractor in Flashbots and join one of our ongoing projects. Reach out to the team to learn more!
- nothing fits in the above? reach out at email@example.com